Street luxe consists of a sporty-chic aspect with a bold and simple, easy-to-wear style. Lots of daring looks can be accomplished especially with the mesh, sheer, and leather fabrics that are incorporated into some popular street luxe clothing pieces. Here's a little break down of some popular trends in "Street Luxe":
1. Matching sets: For an effortless and accomplished look, matching sets are a must! Above, the track suit by Adidas is a perfect example with the zip up jacket and matching pattered work out shorts that definitely scream the sporty aspect of street luxe. For a more dressier look, crop tops and midi skirts pair up perfectly together. Shade London has a perfect crop top/midi set with an adorable branded athletic band on the waist and top.
2. Tops and outwear: Whether it's oversized or cropped, sports jerseys and mesh/sheer tops are commonly worn. Bralettes can also be worn under the mesh/sheer tops to somewhat keep the modesty level, or it can even just be worn alone to make a fashion statement! I love the bralettes by Alexander Wang and TopShop! For outerwear, leather or jean moto jackets definitely stand out, as well as a basic leather varsity jacket for that sporty feel. Sports brand sweaters can also be worn for a more casual look, such as a Nike and Adidas pull over or a windbreaker. The key is to play with the fabrics to your liking so that it can incorporate nicely together.
3. Bottoms: There are many bottoms such as jogger pants, ripped/distressed jeans, high waisted pants, and a variety of shorts that complement a top rather well no matter what fabric. For example, if you're wearing a mesh top, it can be styled with a leather drawstring short, or tucked into some knit joggers.
4. Shoes: It's all about being comfy-chic, so sneakers and booties are perfect for day-to-day wear. Snakeskin Vans slip ons, Nike Air Maxes, and leather booties can match up to any look. For a more classy feel, strappy or tie up heels are the best option. Jeffrey Campbell is definitely the best shoe brand that represents Street Luxe well with his endless collection of sneakers and heels.
5. Accessories: Accessories can accent up an outfit nicely. Keep it simple and clean cut with gold jewelry, a leather snap back, studded earrings, or a favorite pair of sunnies.
Feeling inspired? Here are a few pictures that style some of the pieces I mentioned (all photos from Pinterest):
Rihanna is the best celebrity example for the street luxe style.
Shade London has adorable matching crop top/midi sets.
Worn by Rita Ora -- In love with the mesh part of the Adidas sweater!